Spring Membership Meeting
Saturday, April 6th
42 Seaverns Avenue
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
MAHT 13A tenant and Section 8 tenant groups continue to fight for creative solutions to save their buildings as contracts expire and 3-year protections wind down. Hear the latest!
In Boston, MAHT's City Rent Subsidy Coalition has been working hard to win funds for low-income renters by targeting at least 50% of new property tax revenue from luxury condos. Learn what you can do to help!
At the Statehouse, MAHT is working to pass a comprehensive anti-bullying bill for senior/handicapped housing, win more subsidies for low-income renters, and tax real estate speculation! Learn about upcoming legislation and State House hearings!
But this is no time to rest! Trump has again proposed deep cuts and rent increases for Section 8 tenants, as well as Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, Food Stamps and programs for the poor. Hear about upcoming actions to Stop the Cuts!
Join us to plan our strategy to Save Our Homes in 2019, through the June NAHT Conference and beyond!
- Celebrate recent victories and new groups!
- Stopping HUD budget cuts in Washington: how the Trump budget affects you!
- Tax Day Action: Tuesday, April 17th, 4:30PM at Uphams Corner Health Center
- State House and City Hall campaigns for low-income tenants
- MAHT Annual Meeting May 18th at Tent City
- Discuss June NAHT Conference in DC: June 8 to June 11th!
Orange Line to Green Street, then straight on Green Street, left on Alfred Street, and right on Seaverns Avenue
39 and 41 buses stop on Centre Street, just a short walk from the office