As a MAHT member, your tenant organization will also become part of the National Alliance of HUD Tenants, or NAHT. That will enable your organization to tap into NAHT's extensive and exciting network of tenant lead organizations. By joining MAHT, member groups receive:
- Free tenants’ rights manual and discounts on tenant organizing manuals.
- An opportunity to attend NAHT and MAHT membership meetings, including the annual meetings of the NAHT Board and the NAHT National Conference, both held each June in Washington, D.C.
- Participate in NAHT's coordinated national action days such as "Save Our Homes Day."
- Intensive support from your local NAHT associate member group, for which NAHT helps secure resources.
- Access to the bi-weekly teleconference calls of the NAHT Network, which provides fast breaking information.
- Action alerts on legislation and HUD and landlord activities.
- NAHT website and mailings.
- More intensive support, on a limited basis, may be negotiated by a member groups who require special assistance.
- Voting member groups may vote at MAHT and NAHT’s Annual Meeting and in elections for the MAHT and NAHT Board of Directors. In addition, designated voting representatives of member groups that have paid their annual dues and maintained their membership status may seek election to the MAHT or NAHT board.