Voting Membership in MAHT is open to tenant organizations in current (or formerly) privately-owned, HUD and/or Mass Housing assisted housing that meets the definition of a tenant organization according to HUD rules, committed to permanently affordable housing. The tenant organizations must:
- Meet regularly
- Operate democratically
- Be representative of the building’s tenants
- Committed to permanently affordable housing
- Function independently of non-resident owners and management.
- Action alerts on legislation and HUD and landlord activities
- More intensive support, on a limited basis, may be negotiated by a member group who require special assistance.
- Voting member groups may vote at MAHT's Annual Meeting and in elections for the MAHT Board of Directors.
- Designated voting representatives of member groups that have paid their annual dues and maintained their membership status may seek election to the MAHT board.
- Each member group must pay $25 annually to qualify as a voting member
- You may pay by cash, check, money order, or online; make checks payable to Massachusetts Alliance of HUD Tenants.
- If another party is covering your membership dues, please make sure they note the name of your group on the "memo" line of the check.
- Mail your completed MAHT membership form and dues to:
Massachusetts Alliance of HUD Tenants, 42 Seaverns Avenue, Boston, MA 02130